CONDITIONS OF USE
- References to ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ are references to Newslink Pty Ltd.
- Contract means your Order of a Product.
- Order means the order submitted by you on the site.
- You means you the Customer.
- Product(s) means the product selected from our Site.
- Site means our online store www.sydneyoperahouseshop.com.
- This website is owned and operated by Newslink Pty Ltd and not by the Sydney Opera House Trust (SOHT). SOHT is not responsible for and expressly disclaims all liability for damages of any kind arising out of use of this website.
- In order to purchase products from us, you must be over 18 years of age and have a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us that you are authorised to use. You must log in, either with your own details or as a guest, and provide us with your full name and address for log-in details.
- When placing an Order you undertake that the details that you provide to us, like your name, address and contact phone number and email, are true and accurate.
- When making an Order you must follow the instructions on the Site. Once you have selected a product and entered your delivery address, the Site will display the invoiced amount (including taxes) and any delivery charges.
- When you place an Order you will receive an acknowledgement email confirming receipt of your Order. Your Order remains valid as an offer and a Contract between us will only be accepted by us when your payment has been approved and your credit or debit card has been debited.
- A Contract shall then be formed and we shall then be legally bound to supply the Product(s) to you.
4. Order Mistake
- If you discover that you have made a mistake with your Order after you have submitted it, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to amend your order.
5. Product Availability
- We may cancel the Contract if the Product is unavailable. We will notify you of the unavailability and return your payment.
- We aim to deliver products to you as soon as possible. Generally, dispatch occurs within 3 - 5 business days. We will send you an email with a tracking number once your product has left the warehouse.
- Delivery timeframes in Australia may vary and can take between 4 - 14 business days depending on which State the Order is shipped to. If you are not around when the delivery is attempted, the driver will either leave your order in a safe place or a calling card will be left telling you how you can collect your order.
- Overseas restrictions, customs delays and fewer flights due to COVID-19 may affect delivery times for international orders.
- Please note that we cannot deliver to some locations and we will inform you using the contact details you provide to us when making your Order. We can either cancel your order or arrange for delivery to an alternative address.
- If delivery or collection is delayed by you through your refusal to accept delivery or if you do not accept delivery or collect the Product from the courier, then we may do either or both:
- Charge you reasonable storage fees and other costs reasonably incurred by us; or
- no longer make the Product available for delivery. We will then notify you of the cancellation and refund to you the cost of the Product less our reasonable charges (such as attempted deliveries, the return of the Product and storage fees).
- For more information about shipping please see our Shipping Policy.
- If you wish to cancel your order please contact email@example.com. No cancellation fees will apply unless the item has been dispatched and it must be returned to us at your cost.
8. Faulty Products
- Our Products may come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. If you believe the Product is faulty, then please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include as many details as possible about the order including order number, the Product and details of the defect. We limit our liability to either repair or replace the Product as per our Return Policy.
9. Intellectual Property
- The intellectual property rights in all software and content made available to you on or through the Site remains our property or licensors. The intellectual property is protected by intellectual property laws and treaties and we reserve our rights to rely upon these laws and treaties. You may store, print and display the content for your own personal use. You must not publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce any of the content or copies of the Website’s content including any unauthorized use of our trade marks.
10. Other Websites
11. Force Majeure
- We will not be liable to you for any breach or delay in the performance of the Contract due to any cause beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to natural disaster, actions of third parties, riot, war, national emergencies, terrorism, strikes fire, explosion, storm, flood, drought, earthquake, natural disaster, and failure of public utility services or transportation services.
12. Limitation on Liability
- To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any express or implied guarantees, warranties, representations, or other terms and conditions. However, nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes, restricts or modifies any right or remedy, or any guarantee, warranty or other term or condition imposed by legislation, including the Australia Consumer Law, which cannot be lawfully excluded.
- You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend us, including our directors, employees, consultants, agents from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs arising from your misuse of this website or your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- If any clause in these Terms and Conditions or a Contract shall become or be declared to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall in no way affect any other clause or part of any clause, which shall remain in full force.
16. Governing Law
- These Terms and Conditions and Contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales (Australia).
- Book Sale: Offer valid on selected items for a limited time only. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
This website is owned and operated by Newslink Pty Ltd and not by the Sydney Opera House Trust (SOHT). SOHT is not responsible for and expressly disclaims all liability for damages of any kind arising out of use of this website
1. Collection of Personal Information:
- We collect personal information through various means, including our websites; use of social media; orders and/or provision of products, services or support; and other third parties.
- Whenever we collect personal information from third parties concerning an individual, we will take reasonable steps to advise that individual as soon as is practicable.
2. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information:
- Our main purpose for collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information is to: supply and obtain products and services; response to enquiries; undertake research and surveys, and analyse statistical information; comply with legislation and regulations; to inform you of changes to our business and our products; and for marketing purposes including to assist in developing our website.
- We generally explain at the time we collect personal information, how we will use or disclose that information. We will only use or disclose personal information for a purpose other than for which it was collected or a related purpose if you have consented to such different use or disclosure or such use or disclosure is otherwise allowed by the Privacy Laws. In carrying out our business, it may be necessary to share information about you with and between our service provider partners that provide services to us. Your personal information may be shared with the Sydney Opera House Trust (SOHT) for the purpose of allowing SOHT to communicate with you, including about products and services, competitions, special offers and events which might interest you.
4. Accessing Information:
- If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to request access to your record by contacting us at email@example.com.
- If at any time you wish to change personal information that we hold about you because it is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will amend this record. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
- Personal information will be managed confidentially and securely and destroyed appropriately when no longer required.