- References to ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ are references to The Trustee for Lagardere/AWPL Trust.
- Contract means your Order of a Product.
- Order means the order submitted by you on the site.
- You means you the Customer.
- Product(s) means the product selected from our Site.
- Site means our online store www.sydneyoperahouseshop.com.
- This website is owned and operated by The Trustee for Lagardere/AWPL Trust and not by the Sydney Opera House Trust (SOHT). SOHT is not responsible for and expressly disclaims all liability for damages of any kind arising out of use of this website.
2. About you
- In order to purchase products from us, you must be over 18 years of age and have a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us that you are authorised to use. You must log in, either with your own details or as a guest, and provide us with your full name and address for log-in details.
- When placing an Order you undertake that the details that you provide to us, like your name, address and contact phone number and email, are true and accurate.
- When making an Order you must follow the instructions on the Site. Once you have selected a product and entered your delivery address, the Site will display the invoiced amount (including taxes) and any delivery charges.
- When you place an Order you will receive an acknowledgement email confirming receipt of your Order. Your Order remains valid as an offer and a Contract between us will only be accepted by us when your payment has been approved and your credit or debit card has been debited.
- A Contract shall then be formed and we shall then be legally bound to supply the Product(s) to you.
4. Order Mistake
- If you discover that you have made a mistake with your Order after you have submitted it, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to amend your order.
5. Product Availability
- We may cancel the Contract if the Product is unavailable. We will notify you of the unavailability and return your payment.
- We aim to deliver products to you as soon as possible but dispatch will vary according to the availability of the products and your location, generally within 3 to 5 business days for Domestic deliveries. We will send you an email with a tracking number once your Product has left our warehouse. If you are not around when the delivery is attempted, the driver will either leave your Order in a safe place or a calling card will be left telling you how you can collect your Order. For Australian residents, we will attempt delivery within 14 days.
- Please note that we cannot deliver to some locations and we will inform you using the contact details to provide to us when making your Order. We can either cancel your order or arrange for delivery to an alternative address.
- If delivery or collection is delayed by you through your refusal to accept delivery or if you do not accept delivery or collect the Product from the courier, then we may do either or both:
- Charge you reasonable storage fees and other costs reasonably incurred by us; or
- no longer make the Product available for delivery. We will then notify you of the cancellation and refund to you the cost of the Product less our reasonable charges (such as attempted deliveries, the return of the Product and storage fees).
- For more information about shipping please see our Shipping Policy.
- If you wish to cancel your order please contact email@example.com. No cancellation fees will apply unless the item has been dispatched and it must be returned to us at your cost.
8. Faulty products
- Our Products may come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. If you believe the Product is faulty, then please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include as many details as possible about the order including order number, the Product and details of the defect. We limit our liability to either repair or replace the Product as per our Return Policy.
9. Intellectual Property
- The intellectual property rights in all software and content made available to you on or through the Site remains our property or licensors. The intellectual property is protected by intellectual property laws and treaties and we reserve our rights to rely upon these laws and treaties. You may store, print and display the content for your own personal use. You must not publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce any of the content or copies of the Website’s content including any unauthorized use of our trade marks.
10. Other websites
11. Force Majeure
- We will not be liable to you for any breach or delay in the performance of the Contract due to any cause beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to natural disaster, actions of third parties, riot, war, national emergencies, terrorism, strikes fire, explosion, storm, flood, drought, earthquake, natural disaster, and failure of public utility services or transportation services.
12. Limitation on Liability
- To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any express or implied guarantees, warranties, representations, or other terms and conditions. However, nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes, restricts or modifies any right or remedy, or any guarantee, warranty or other term or condition imposed by legislation, including the Australia Consumer Law, which cannot be lawfully excluded.
- You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend us, including our directors, employees, consultants, agents from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs arising from your misuse of this website or your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- If any clause in these Terms and Conditions or a Contract shall become or be declared to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall in no way affect any other clause or part of any clause, which shall remain in full force.
16. Governing Law
- These Terms and Conditions and Contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales (Australia).
PRIVACY & SAFETY
The Sydney Opera House store is operated by The Trustee for Lagardere/AWPL Trust.